- (b) International. The Service may be hosted or operated in countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have different data protection laws and regulations from those that apply in your home country. By accessing or using the Service, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your home country. Please be aware that the governments, courts, and law enforcement, security or agencies of a particular jurisdiction may be able to obtain access to or disclosure of your information as permitted by the laws of that jurisdiction.
2. HOW LPS COLLECTS AND USES INFORMATION
- (a) Information That You Provide Directly. LPS may ask for certain information such as your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, password; your organization’s name, physical address, email address, telephone number, history and composition; and other information. LPS may retain any messages you send through the Service, and LPS may also retain other information you voluntarily provide to LPS. LPS uses this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functions of the Service, and as further described below.
- (b) Survey Data. Some portions of the Service allow you to participate in surveys administered by LPS on behalf of clients it services (“Clients”) in which you may provide information about yourself and your organization, including the size of your organization and certain general financial details; the numbers or percentages of owners, management and staff who are women, minorities or veterans; and other information (“Survey Data”).
- (c) Information Collected or Received from Third Parties. LPS may receive information about you from third parties. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party services before linking or connecting them to the Service. LPS may also collect information about you from LPS’s third-party business associates, publicly-available sources and LPS’s affiliates.
(e) Cookies. When you access or use the Service, LPS may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation within the Service. A cookie may also convey information to LPS about how you use the Service (such as the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow LPS or LPS’s third-party business associates to track your usage of the Service. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your device after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and is deleted after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- (f) Log File. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you access or use the Service, LPS’s servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your web request, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links within the Service, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- (g) Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. Clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) allow for the tracking of a user’s response to an email or usage of a website in a manner that does not reveal personally-identifiable information. LPS may use clear GIFs or similar technologies to assess responses to emails and usage of the Service, such as tracking when emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable the ability of clear GIFs to capture information by blocking cookies.
- (h) Device Identifiers. When you access or use the Service using a mobile device, LPS may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (UUID). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by LPS. A device identifier may convey information to LPS about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation within the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- (i) Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the device operating system’s settings.
- (j) Location Data. When you access or use the Service, LPS may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (such as latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to LPS information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the site, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- (k) Commercial Communications. LPS may use the information LPS collects or receives to communicate directly with you, such as sending you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. LPS may also use the information to send you service-related notices (such as account verification, technical and security notices).
- (l) Use of Certain Service-Type Data. LPS may use the information described in this Section 2 to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- (m) Use of Information with Your Consent. LPS may further use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
- (n) Account Login. If you have an account with the Service and log in while you access or use the Service, the information described in this Section 2 may be collected and maintained in a manner that associates such information with your name or contact information.
3. HOW LPS MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- (b) Business Change. If LPS becomes involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of LPS’s business otherwise changes, LPS may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership, including as part of the due diligence process conducted by the parties to a potential transaction.
- (d) Sharing Information. LPS may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks) with LPS’s third-party business associates for the purposes described in the Section 2. LPS may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally-identifying characteristics and share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- (f) Sharing with Other LPS Services. Lenox Park Solutions may retain information collected from or about you through one LPS product or service and use it to pre-populate fields requesting similar information when you access or use another Lenox Park Solutions product or service. For example, LPS may retain certain Survey Data that you provide in one survey to pre-populate fields requesting similar information when you participate in other surveys, whether administered by the same or different Clients.
4. HOW LPS PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
LPS takes physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, LPS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to LPS or guarantee that information within the Service will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to LPS via email.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- (a) Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from LPS by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails, such as those concerning your relationship or dealings with LPS.
- (b) Targeted Advertising. You can learn more about targeted ads and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering targeted ads to your browser or device by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/. You should be aware that even if you opt out of targeted ads, you may still see ads within the Service, although the ads may not be tailored to your interests.
- (c) Do Not Track. At this time, LPS does not recognize “do not track” signals sent from web browsers. Third-party services that LPS uses may collect personal information about individual users and their activities over time and across different websites. In some cases, you may be able to disable tracking mechanisms, but doing so may disable certain features of the Service. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for your browser, operating system or device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms.
6. HOW LONG LPS KEEPS YOUR INFORMATION
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The Service is not directed to children and is intended for use by adults only. LPS do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service.
8. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SERVICES
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with LPS is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding LPS’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, LPS will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
LPS may update this policy from time to time, and the updated version of this policy will be effective upon posting. Please check this page to review the most up-to-date version of this policy. By continuing to use the Service after an updated version has been posted, you agree that the new policy will apply to you.